1. Abilify or the generic Aripiprazole - This prescription drug is used for depression and also anxiety
2. Adalimumab- This drug is used for Rheumatoid arthritis. It is one of the top grossing prescriptions in the USA.
3. Ledipasvir / sofosbuvir - Used for Hepatitis C, this drug can be expensive. The company is Gilead Sciences.
4. Humira - It is used for Crohn's disease and Rheumatoid arthritis. The company is AbbVie.
5. Nexium- The drug is used for Gastrointestinal disorders. The generic name is Esomeprazole.
These drugs were a few of the top taken drugs so far in 2018. The list may change by the end of the year but the numbers are staggering.
Once the pharmaceutical companies have the patent lifted other companies start making the generic drugs. Please check with your pharmacy if you use Walmart, CVS, Costco or any other pharmacy.